Fantastic post from the blog Barking Up The Wrong Tree about the lessons that can be learned from reading author Tim Ferriss’ book Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers .
The ten things that the most successful people do every day as listed in the post :
- Have a mindful morning ritual: Don’t start the day reacting. Get focused.
- Turn weaknesses into strengths: Channel your inner Rudolph.
- Don’t ignore the clichés: Many are spoken so often because they work.
- Be able to think, to endure and to wait: Far more valuable skills than being good with Microsoft Excel.
- Have an “overnight task”: Sleep on it. Your muse works while you rest.
- Clear the path: Do more than you’re required to do and you’ll get to do what you want.
- They’re not evil. They’re exhausted: We can all be big kids. They don’t hate you. They need a nap.
- Remember the 5 chimps theory: You’re the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. Choose wisely.
- Know when to use your moral compass: If you start out judging, you won’t be listening.
- Get a “Jar of Awesome”: Don’t just achieve. Appreciate.